HCLA is a network of professionals consisting of individuals, institutions, and law firms across a wide range of disciplines. HCLA offers legal and arbitration services and organizes courses, conferences, and workshops in the fields of international business law, trade & investment, international arbitration, due diligence, and risk management.
HCLA currently offers an internship position open to law graduates who wish to put their knowledge and experience into practice while performing specific legal tasks in the HCLA office in The Hague.
An intern will be involved in all aspects of the work done by HCLA, including, but not limited to:
- Assisting and coordinate arbitration and litigation cases
- Drafting legal notices, commercial contracts, and case/agreement summaries
- Conducting KYC/Due Diligence and legal research
- Supporting HCLA lawyers & experts in their day-to-day duties
- Handling communication with clients & participate in the meetings
- Creating content and manage the HCLA website and social media accounts
- Managing the inquiries made through phone and email
- Applicants must have an LLM degree from a ranked law school, have an outstanding academic record, and have a proven interest in the following topics: private international law, information technology law, international arbitration, intellectual property law, and/or comparative law.
- Applicants must be fluent in English and Dutch and have excellent written, oral, analytical, and communication skills. Knowledge of other languages will be considered an asset.
- Candidates must be familiar with office software, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Skills in matters related to the digital marketplace, smart contracts, and blockchain will be considered an asset.
- Applicants must be EU citizens or have a Dutch residence permit valid for at least six months. Selected applicants are responsible for meeting their immigration requirements, arranging their travel, and accommodation and obtaining personal insurance coverage.
Duration and payment
- The duration of the internship may vary from a minimum of 3 to a maximum of 8 months.
- Internships at HCLA are preferably on a full-time basis.
- The intern’s assignments and the remuneration (stipend) to be paid by HCLA will be determined by HCLA and the intern and may vary depending on the intern’s skills and work experience.
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV and a letter of intent to email@example.com no later than 10 October 2021. Please write “HCLA-Internship 2021/2022” as the subject of your email.