In line with its policy of promoting international law and arbitration, and organizing advanced courses, the HCLA also awards a limited number of scholarships to talented lawyers, academics and business leaders who are committed to “Go Global”, particularly in the areas of international trade & investment and international mediation & arbitration.
Candidates must be nationals of the countries listed for the given year. The number of grants is limited and subject to the following conditions:
- Fellowships are awarded annually to a few qualified candidates from the designated countries. The nominated countries for 2020-2021 are Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Iran, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan.
- The HCLA covers part of the tuition fee or accommodation costs for the candidates who are accepted by an international organization, research institution, or prestigious university in the Netherlands. The applicant must hold a visa valid for the duration of the course or internship.
- Persons receiving scholarships from other institutions, and persons who wish to follow commercial courses or courses at private institutions are not eligible for this grant.
- The amount of the grant depends on the applicant’s level of qualification, the number of eligible applicants, and the subject of the program in which the applicant wishes to participate.
- HCLA’s policy is to consider people who, while having relevant educational backgrounds, are fluent in English and have the potential to work as international consultants or lawyers. HCLA reserves the right to accept or reject any application.
- Subject to availability, the HCLA may offer attendees office facilities in The Hague for the duration of the grant.
- The grants are reserved for international training and short-term courses only.
Candidates are requested to send their CV, a cover letter, and a provisional letter of acceptance to the internship or educational program for which they are applying for the grant.
Requirements for candidates interested in attending the “HCLA Advanced Training Course” in The Hague, Brussels, and Paris will be announced separately.
Completed applications and questions regarding the grant can be sent to email@example.com
Please mention “HCLA- Grant” in the subject of the e-mail. Incomplete applications will not be considered.